1 reply to this topic

#1 Michael Desiderio

Michael Desiderio

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:34 PM

They're selling a 3 channel 2.4ghz system for under $3000

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with this unit.  Iphone or ipod touch required to use but that's easy to get.

#2 brett.mayfield

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 217 posts
  • hotlanta | lost angeles

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:07 PM

I have not used this FIZ, but I have had the PD2 Movie (?) on my rig and it required a lot of attention. constant power cycling and channel shifting after swapping batteries, and the motor had a bit of a high-pitched "zing" sound to it. the remote didnt seem to have rings. not where id put my money, but the owner also owned a dragon and it was a good little setup for him.

i have a ronin and i absolutely hate that it requires the use of phone or ipad. but some people may love that and it may work within your workflow.

its not too expensive to give a try. see if theyll demo a unit to you. i know an AC that was able to get a MovCam system from ikan for a few weeks to test on a show. make sure that they have great customer service and turnaround if you have any issues! i use a chrosziel magnum and they have insanely good (customer) service. i am in contact with them regularly and they address all sorts of things, like firmware ideas to coordinating service.

Camera Motion Research

Varizoom Follow Focus

Boland Communications

Wireless Video Systems

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

PLC Electronics Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers