3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Desiderio

Michael Desiderio

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 95 posts
  • New York

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:04 PM

Wondering if there is a resource for D-tap receptacles that are meant for chassis/panel mounting (small d-box or panel)

I've made due with shoehorning a standard female plug with epoxy and clever cutting in the past but if there is a reasonably priced alternative I'm really interested in that

#2 Alan Rencher

Alan Rencher

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:00 PM

I've actually designed one for use at my shop. I print them from my own 3D printer. It mounts in a 1" hole with #4 screws. 

Attached File  Capture.JPG   33.43KB   13 downloads

#3 Michael Desiderio

Michael Desiderio

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 95 posts
  • New York

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:20 AM

I figured it would be a 3D printed project in the end, so you just use a standard female D-tap for that mount and use a through-bolt to hold it in place yeah?

Also I was looking more at something similar to your https://mediablackou...ucts/breakerbox which is much smaller .  Is that a 3D printed chassis with the connector built in?

edit: nevermind read that its milled aluminum, so what do you use for the female d-tap?

I've actually designed one for use at my shop. I print them from my own 3D printer. It mounts in a 1" hole with #4 screws. 

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

#4 Alan Rencher

Alan Rencher

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:49 AM

I use genuine Anton/Bauer female P-Taps for all of my projects that require them. That 3D printed part will fit around the P-Tap.

The BreakerBox also uses genuine Anton/Bauer P-Tap contacts and inserts. They're mounted in a milled aluminum enclosure that I designed.

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC Electronics Solutions

IDX

Teradek

VidOvation

PLC - Bartech

Wireless Video Systems

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications

Omnishot Systems

Camera Motion Research