• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hisham

Hisham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:56 AM

hello all , this is my first post but i read and learned from all of the posts here from years now so thank You very much

to cut the story short , i have few experience balancing the DSLR stablizers like the one i used to own long time ago the GLIDECAM 4000 not the HD model , and i already watched and read a ton of info as u can imagine, but i had bought this one from local camera shop
https://www.amazon.c...r/dp/B00O20VR1U

it was like a nightmare to balance it properly, but finally it happened ..

and i had this as my first test

( note that i used one hand in that test cas i had no luck when touch and guide the system with my other hand and i wanted also to test the system )

my main problem right now is that the camera pan on its own when i move ( not happening in the above test and i do not know why it didnt )

my second problem is what always ever happens to me when i use my second hand ( actually my 2 fingers and i try to guide it as much gentle as i can but it shakes and lose its balance ) .. so any tips in this area ?

my third problem is that i get tired quickly so i bought the Arm Brace and it is nice but i think may be i should buy a cheap vest from local shop here , but i feel hesitated to spend more money on something that may never be that good for what i want to do , so what is your advice in this situation ?

some facts to help u judge things : i am on very tight to non budget .. i am suffering from what is called GAS which is the addiction to buy more gear :) .. i work mainly as a director in the paid work , and i rarely use all of my rig in my professional work ( simply the companies rent and hire pro crew ) , but i use my gear only for my indie and no budget work ( and i am mainly in the narrative style works and any drama videos ) . the cameras that i use is 5d mark 2 and canon 600d . (lenses mainly i will use Rokinon 14mm , Nikon 20mm + 24 + 28 F2.8 via adapter Nikon to canon ) . i am also in need to get a better Shotgun mic and better tripod beside the vest and i can hardly get 1 item only . the prices here is very very High as an example this low model costed me about 480$ to get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for the long post and sorry for my English as it is not my based language thank You in Advance

Edited by Hisham, 05 August 2016 - 12:59 AM.

#2 Hisham

Hisham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:26 PM

Thread is closed i Quit

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

GPI Pro Systems

Teradek

Camera Motion Research