Up for sale it's a glorious CP IIIA Rig still in pristine conditions.
This has been my first Rig over ten years ago, previously owned by Richard Crow (Got Steadicam) purchased from him back in 2004 and since then well taken care as you can see yourself in the attached pics.
This turned in my back-up/emergency rig at a point and hasn't be flown any longer since then but kept on fondness because, as said above, it has been my first professional rig ever when i was only 20.
Now it's time to let it go; in short we all know well the glory coming with this rig, it has been used on plenty of the blockbusters we all have grown up with, not saying it's gonna be useful to someone nowadays in the HD / 4K / 3D era but surely it can still serve you well if you wish to keep operating it. (the CP IIIA Arm is still used by all of us still today tough)
It might be a good starter package for a young operator since it can even be modded/updated for modern HD/SDI needs with just a few bucks. (i can provide you that service myself getting it modified by Panavision Engineers and Technicians here in Italy if need be)
On the other side i just would like to point you on the conditions of my rig since it comes in truly unbelievable pristine conditions.
The electronic powers up and works properly, wiring and plugs all have any problem at all, the rig has been always scheduled for a service even when it wasn't in use.
The monitor works well, it's still as bright as it was when originally manufactured and it shows no problems at all either on the magnetic deflectors or the screen itself; the electronic level and frameline generator still works like a charm even.
On the other side unfortunately the green anti glare coating gel sticking the CRT to its screen shows some bubbles cos of the age but that doesn't affect the view too much (again i might even replace the monitor block itself for you since i own spare parts for almost everything concerning this rig but i'm not sure that's worth the cost)
Also the rig comes with it's original NI-CD batteries but, even though some of them have been re-celled they don't last long enough for a proper use so i would suggest to replace the original rear power cradle with a modern AB/V-mount tilt plate. (even here i can do this for you if need be)
Also i'm including a glorious VHF analog SEITZ 3 channel Wireless follow focus, again it doesn't compare with my main Preston system but hey, i must honestly say it works the same.
And last but not least, it's coming for free here so..
I'm following up with the complete inventory for what's included in the sale:
- all the handbooks and manuals for the Steadicam and Seitz systems
- CP (Cinema Products) Steadicam IIIA Sled w/ Anvil Case
- CP Green Screen Monitor w/ Frame Line Generator and Electronic Level
- CP Steadicam IIIA Gimbal
- CP Steadicam IIIA Extendable Center Post
- CP Steadicam IIIA Extendable Center Post 5" WrapGrip
- GPI PRO Docking Bracket w/ Quick Release Pin
- CP Steadicam IIIA Junction Box
- Sony EVO Video 8 Recorder NTSC
- CP Steadicam IIIA GU-V5 Video Recorder Cradle
- CP Steadicam IIIA GU-V5 Video Recorder Cradle Power Cable
- CP Steadicam IIIA Low Mode Cage
- CP Steadicam IIIA Dovetail Plates Two (2)
- CP Steadicam IIA Support Arm w/ Soft Case
- CP Steadicam IIIA Vest
- CP Steadicam IIIA Batteries - Eight (8)
- 12V-24V Converter
- Low Mode cage.
- Frezzi M1100 Advanced Battery Charger w/AC Power Cord, Charging Cord and
- Pelican Cases for everything
- Seitz 8710A Remote Control Transmitter w/ Pelican Case
- Seitz 8710A Remote Control Transmitter Antenna
- Seitz 8710A Remote Control Transmitter Batteries Two (2)
- Seitz 8710A Remote Control Transmitter Battery Charger
- Seitz 8720A Receiver
- Seitz 8720A Receiver Antenna
- Seitz 8720A Receiver External Power Cable
- Seitz 8720A Receiver External Junction Box
- Seitz 8725A Dual Channel Servo Amplifier
- Heden 26P Motor One (1)
- Heden Motor Brackets Four (4)
- Heden Motor Idler Gears for Cannon, Fujinon and Nikon
- Heden Motor M.6P Gear Two (2)
- Heden Motor 48P Gear One (1)
- Heden Motor 64P Gear One (1)
Looking for a figure around either € 12.000,00 or USD €13,500.00 for the whole package but willing to negotiate a bit for a quick sale.
Again price reflects the actual state of the rig since i can reasonably tell this is maybe the last CP IIIA rig that preserved, please take a look at the attached pics, they haven't been retouched so what you see is what you get.
Item is located in Italy, Milan area.
Shipping all over the world, buyer pays for shipping costs or must arrange for pick up.
Buyers are welcome to come and try it out themselves for proper evaluation yet eventually collect it here.