• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BirdBoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:39 PM

Hi Everyone,
I am the new "Proud" owner of a Basson 925. Don't laugh. I have been following some of the mods here to try to find some peace with my purchase. I found this site after.

Anyway ... I have the Panasonic 7" monitor for now but am close to buying a used Eclipse to replace it. If you have any input on this gear please let me know ... I would like to be able to see outside but don't want to buy something with known problems.
Oh, it's $1000 if that is in the equation.

Thanks in Advance,
Steve Karr

#2 Norbert von der Heidt

Norbert von der Heidt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 151 posts
  • Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:26 AM

Hi Steve

My first rig was a Basson 800 almost 2 years ago. I did some serious mods on it to try and bring it up to some kind of professional performance level. If you wish more info on the mods I did, you may find a previous post in the forum or if not then you can contact me for details.

As for the Glidecam Eclipse, I bought one second hand for my new Heinz 57 rig I'm putting together. I'm still waiting for my vest and arm to arrive so I really haven't had a chance use it in a shooting situation but I did a test with my RF transmitter outside. It did a reasonable job but I had to wind up the contrast as high as possible to see a usable picture. A hood of some sort would definitely be useful.

I paid $1400USD for mine on ebay but it is the 16:9/4:3 NTSC/PAL switchable model if that is any sort of help as a guide for what to pay.

Norbert von der Heidt

Camera Motion Research

GPI Pro Systems

Paralinx LLC

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Boland Communications

Ritter Battery

Varizoom Follow Focus

Wireless Video Systems