• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1359 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:10 AM

Now that rock steadi gear is no longer in business, do you guys know a place where the make raingear?

#2 David George Ellis

David George Ellis

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 135 posts
  • Brooklyn Zoo

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:11 AM

Hey Job,

There are two I can refer you to:

Camera Essentials http://www.cameraessentials.com
Jerry Hill http://www.steadimoves.com

I ripped these from Erwin's site: http://www.landaucamera.com

Thanks Erwin

I'm sad to know Tim had to shut down RockSteadi. He sold some really great stuff. I'm even more sad to know Production has "misplaced" my ditty bag full of my rain gear. So I may be in the market as well. Good luck.

#3 JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1359 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:40 AM

Thanks David

I already own the arm cover and standby cover from Jerry Hill.

I need to cover the rest of the sled, and i think its gonna be costum fit

Regards Job

#4 PaulSommers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:27 PM

Camera Esentials made a really great raincover for the Pana Lightweight for me. They came out to set and measured the camera and gave great service. It even works in low mode (I live there). Tell them what you need and they will hook you up. I wish that i had one for the 435. If someone gets them to pattern one let us all know. I'd buy one.

#5 Mike McGowan SOC

Mike McGowan SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 610 posts
  • Miami, Florida, USA

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:38 PM

By the way of custom rain covers, who's the currrent champ? With my sled shaped the way it currently is (2ht 50's and 1ht140 plus the pro monitor arm extension and the boland 8.4) I assume I need a custom rain cover. So, who makes custom covers and or does anybody make a cover that would fit my current set up???????????

As I only get out to LA half a dozen times a year, I'd need sombody that could do it over the internet (or phone i suppose if they are old school).

#6 brooksrobinson

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 256 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:40 PM

I used Meredith Wilson up in Toronto. She did a great job. Her current email address is:

Jeremy Benning had her make some rain covers for his XCS sled, then posted pictures of her work some time ago. I used her to make some Gore Tex covers for my XCS sled, Transvideo Monitor, and Preston MDR. All of her work is custom. It does take a while as there are measurements and photos to be taken, mock-ups to be made, and then the final product...but you will be very happy with the work once it is finished. It wasn't a problem doing this over the internet. Drop her a line.

Brooks Robinson

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

PLC Electronics Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Camera Motion Research

Varizoom Follow Focus

GPI Pro Systems

rebotnix Technologies