I'm selling my Steadicam Archer 1 kit (I bought it off James Davies via this forum a little under two years ago). I’ve been using this rig for two years now, its handled everything from c300’s to Alexa builds and I’ve really loved it - I am selling due to upgrading to a bigger rig.
The rig is based in London.
This is a really well looked after setup with many modifications for HD use. The arm has had an X-upgrade with Tiffen USA and works beautifully.
You won’t need to service or invest any extra money in to this kit for some time. Ready to go with many accessories. This is a fantastic Steadicam Archer kit.
The reputable Optical Support and Tiffen International have carried out all modifications and services since new and it had been serviced regularly.
ASKING PRICE: £10,500 (O.I.R.O) No Vat.
Steadicam Archer Sled serviced regularly and exclusively by Optical Support London, all modifications carried out by Optical Support London. Modifications as follows:
• HD BNC connections fitted top and bottom to replace standard HD Lemo connectors feeding into the HD line within the post.
• SWIT 8.4 inch HD monitor with V-lock battery plate and fitted with custom monitor yoke.
• Top-stage nose replaced with Preston MDR mount plus adaptor that converts the MDR mount to a flat-mounting plate. A 3/8th captive screw included allowing you to mount alternative LCS receivers such as the Preston single-channel receiver also.
• Machined top-stage lever to allow superior clamping and a more solid locking mechanism than the standard lever offered.
• Tapered bayonet “Pro-style” bung fitted inside the locking mechanism of the folding lower section. This stiffens up the whole lower assembly of the sled and provides a more positive connection than standard and allows the two sections to actually be mated together as well as being clamped down by a threaded lock-ring.
G50 with X-upgrade from Tiffen USA. This is basically a G50X arm now. The upgrade included the replacement with all new mechanisms and bearings throughout the arm I also had the arm serviced about two months ago.
Rain Cover included.
Standard LX Vest, no modifications, good condition.
ACCESSORIES / BRACKETS:
• Tiffen Dovetail
• Tiffen Universal Low-mode Bracket
• Tiffen low mode F-bracket
• Baer-Bel Dovetail with rail mounts front and back
• Baer-Bel Cat Griller bracket for Archer/Zephyr
• Facilitates speedy swaps between steadicam/sticks without removing Steadicam dovetail
• Various 3/8 inch Screws
• Tiffen Docking bracket with quick-release pin
• Basic tool kit including: T-handle Allen key for adjusting Vest Socket block and gimbal Allen key and t-handle screwdriver for attaching dovetails
• 4 x Pag L95 V-lock batteries
• 1 x IDX 2-way V-Lock Freelancer charger
• 1 x 3-pin Lemo to 4-pin XLR Power Cable
• 1 x Red One Power Cable
• 1 x 2B to 1B Red Power Adaptor Cable
• 2 x BNC Cables
• 1 x Thermodyne case
• 1 x Pelican 1650 case (slight crack and chip but only cosmetic)
Please note that the standard Steadicam docking bracket will be supplied. The pictures contain the Jerry Hill docking brackets with associated rings and American Grip stand that is not included.
So if you’re interested please get in touch. Its a great rig, thats ready to go straight out the case.