• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pbalsdon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 05:19 AM

Last year I submitted a posting to this forum about someone who disappeared with an Ikegami Betacam that I loaned him to practice with his new steadicam. I thought he had gone to India, turns out I'm right, and he's doing similar tricks there.
On the Melbourne Filmmaking Summer School Steadicam Workshop we had a student, Chetak from Mumbai (Bombay), who had also come across Raze Mahani (first name pronounced like "razor") and he's yet to return some "borrowed" lenses to Chetak's boss. Raze may pass himself off as an Australian or Iranian, he is a smooth operator, very friendly, will do anything for you and then one day wants to borrow something and you'll never see him again.
I also know he uses the internet as I found him listed on a crew web site, when I tried to email him the mail bounced back and his name disappeared from the site in less than a half hour. Hopefully he might read this, in which case I like to say, "small world isn't it" Raze.
If anyone knows his whereabouts please let me know.

Phil Balsdon
Sydney, Australia

#2 JakePollock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:51 AM

jesus christ phil, that sucks! i hope chetak can help you track down the bastard.

jake pollock
taipei, taiwan

rebotnix Technologies

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC

GPI Pro Systems

Ritter Battery

Camera Motion Research

PLC Electronics Solutions

Boland Communications