• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BirdBoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:48 AM

Hi everyone,
Don?t laugh, I have been learning with a Hollywood Lite for the last 3 or so years. I just bought a Basson 925 rig. Seemed cool on the web site & a few weeks later she arrived. For DOG sake this thing is heavy. The sled I modified with 12v Anton batts & a Panasonic 7? monitor. With a DVX100a (small DV camcorder) the sled weight is 41 lbs. Is this about normal for you real rig shooters ? I will just grin & train up to the weight if this is reasonable, but whata? surprise !!

I?m 39 yrs old & a good shape 195, but I get sore after 15 min. and have to rest my lower back.

So what do yea think ?
Thanks in advance,

#2 charlesneufeld

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:01 AM

Well I would say the overall weight is fine. But it seems that most of your weight is in the lower portion of the sled...which is VERY high. I have to add a 24lb cage to get my sled in that range...with a dvx100a. Your basson sled seems off... That will be fun to balance, if at all possible.

good luck

#3 thomas-english

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1163 posts
  • UK

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:51 AM

you have a few anton bauer batteries on there? I think this is far too much. See if you can put one lithuim battery to balance up with your dvx100.

Post a photo of your rig all balanced for more vlues as to what is going on. but yes this is far too heavy. My sled comes to 41 lbs with a varicam, ring light, full remote follow focus and 2 nicads .

Ritter Battery

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Boland Communications

Paralinx LLC

PLC - Bartech

Varizoom Follow Focus

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC Electronics Solutions

Camera Motion Research