• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cornelius O'Donoghue

Cornelius O'Donoghue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:27 PM

I am currently experiencing small vibrations, particularly during medium/high speed shots. 

I'm flying a FS7 on a Glidecam HD4000 w/ x10 arm, possibly slightly over the weight capacity. I suspect that this could be a case of "you get what you pay for" or possibly an issue due to being over the weight capacity.

I wanted to share some samples to get some feedback:

The issue isn't as apparent on Youtube, but in 4K it's very noticeable. I tried quite a few fixes including zip tying the battery down, and clamping the monitor with two arms, but I'm still seeing vibrations. 

I'm looking into upgrading to a Zephyr eventually, but that may be a few months out, and was hoping to find a short term solution to get me by until then. 

Cornelius O'Donoghue

Edited by Cornelius O'Donoghue, 24 December 2015 - 11:28 PM.

#2 Victor Lazaro

Victor Lazaro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1196 posts
  • Sunnyside Queens, NY

Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:07 PM

If you tightened everything, then the vibrations might come from the overweight. If the camera is too heavy for the rig, then the flex might come from the center post itself. This happened to me when I was overweighting it with a red epic and a massive zoom lens and all the accessories, simply touching the batteries with my leg would induce massive vibrations in the lens through the post. With a camera package sighing the weight range, no vibrations at all. Th Zephyr is a wonderful starter rig. Hope it helps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: glidecam, x10, x-10, vibrations, hd4000

PLC - Bartech

GPI Pro Systems

Camera Motion Research

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC Electronics Solutions

Boland Communications

Wireless Video Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Varizoom Follow Focus

Paralinx LLC