Eemow Steadicam

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jakub.friso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:39 PM

Hello guys, i had recently write to this forum asking about quality of Eemow steadicam and now that I did exercise with it I am little confused to which point am I not riding it right and to which point you can tell that the steadicam is not made well ... I practiced flying it and I always recognized some issues of rolling and not surpressing the movement enough. I thought that it just needs more exercise but when I recently found promo video for the Steadicam from company Eemow i recognized same issues as I experienced before. So now I am little bit confused, is it me who is doing something wrong? is it steadicam? or both?

I am sending link to the promo video so you can tell by yourself if its good operating ...

thank you for the answers guys

#2 Victor Lazaro

Victor Lazaro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1196 posts
  • Sunnyside Queens, NY

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

I would say it could be either the operator and/or the gear's fault in this video. The gimbal seems to be too sticky (bearing quality) in junction maybe with a left hand a bit too strong, which gives this left to right motion. I could also see some steps that should have been taken care of by the arm springs or improper posture and tuning of the rig. Given that this is a demo, I would say that it is the gear if this is the best video that you can get out of it.

There is a reason why all those big rigs costs so much, their build quality is impeccable and will last forever.

#3 jakub.friso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

I was just checking footage taken from original Steadicam rig and then I wanted to know if I can pull that image from my steadi and in all videos taken with Eemow steadicam I have seen same problems that I experienced too when operating

#4 Alejandro E Fuenmayor

Alejandro E Fuenmayor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Miami

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:10 PM

hey J, as someone that has tried most non Tiffen or GPi rigs out there, I skipped the eemov. is hard to accept when starting to steadiop, but one has to get out of the way of the rig and re-learn how to walk, turn and stand. with the off brand rigs is very hard to do, since there is no consistency on the builds. I moved up to a Laing M50 Sled with a few custom machine parts to make it all work with a Ultra 3A arm or Luna Arm. if you can get your hand on a luna arm you can potentially fly anything from 30-70lbs at a fraction of the price you would need for a G50 or G80 or a Titan Arm. 

fly safe.

Camera Motion Research

Paralinx LLC

PLC Electronics Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

rebotnix Technologies

Boland Communications

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech

Omnishot Systems