#1 Afton Grant

Afton Grant

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • New York, Boston

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:14 PM

In terms of power consumption, is it better to turn off high power accessories (i.e. monitor, camera) between takes, or does the power up/down consume more power than you are trying to save? This is for rests of a minute or more - long enough where you would dock the rig, but not necessarily head off to craft services.

Much Thanks,
Afton

#2 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:23 PM

In terms of power consumption, is it better to turn off high power accessories (i.e. monitor, camera) between takes, or does the power up/down consume more power than you are trying to save? This is for rests of a minute or more - long enough where you would dock the rig, but not necessarily head off to craft services.

Much Thanks,
Afton

My guys never power the rig down unless we are going to move or something like that, we put the TB-6 in standby but leave everything else running (Right now the camera I'm using is the Thompsen Viper) We have lot's of batteries and chargers so it's not really a problem, and you want to leave the HD Camera on all the time anyway to help prevent backfocus drift

Paralinx LLC

GPI Pro Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Boland Communications

BOXX

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

PLC - Bartech

rebotnix Technologies

IDX

PLC Electronics Solutions

Teradek