3 replies to this topic

#1 Leopold Ernst

Leopold Ernst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:12 AM

Hi guys,

recently purchased a stabilizing system (my first one, so I'm pretty excited) that included this vest. I got the Glidecam Gold sled and arm, but this is not the Glidecam Gold vest...some parts like the little knobs look like Steadicam Tiffen, but I'm not sure. Anyone seen this model before? Would be helpful to know, in case I need some replacement parts in the futurearrow-10x10.png.

#2 Nils Valkenborgh

Nils Valkenborgh

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 89 posts
  • Belgium & Holland

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:37 PM

Hi Leopold,

Welcome to the forum, it seems to be a modded Progear vest (copy of the old 3a vest,... Sort of) Since that company went belly up, you can't buy replacement (the same) replacement pieces anymore. However, the same guy started a new company called "steadicam proline" and they make pretty much the same vest. There is a cheaper alternative, one of the many asian knock-off brands makes a copy of this vest woth worse materials so I definitely would not recommend going that route, but if you're strapped for cash and need something, I think it's called cinecity or filmcity. (Again, don't do it)

Be careful with the bridge that attaches the socketock to the vest, it tends to bend under heavy loads. It helps if you can keep that portion at the height of the hippads and plate without impeding you're operating. Most importantly, make your self comfortable and enjoy operating!

#3 Leopold Ernst

Leopold Ernst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:36 AM

Wow Nils, thank you so much for your extensive reply! Now I know everything about the vest and its history, I also checked out earlier threads about Progear stuff. This helped me so much more than the useless hours spent trying a Google pics search :) Regards, Leo

#4 Stefan Kochinke

Stefan Kochinke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Berlin, Germany

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:09 AM

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC Electronics Solutions

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC