I want to Demo a Steadicam Pilot AB . . .

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kurtis Goodson

Kurtis Goodson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:17 PM

I would like to demo a Steadicam Pilot AB before I buy one.    I was an experienced camera operator years ago, but have been

out of it for awhile.  And due to some major leg injuries, I am concerned about the weight and my physical limitations.   I don't plan on

trying to make a living at this, but more for my own personal projects . . but who knows.

It would know very quickly whether or not I could handle this thing. . . If I could, I would certainly buy it then take some seminars, etc.

I live in Sacramento and would love to demo one in either San Francisco or Los Angeles which is probably where I would have to

go to find one. . . .I am planning a vacation to L.A. in a couple of months anyway. . . .

Anybody have suggestions as to where I could Demo one?  Again, when I say demo one, I am not looking to rent one for the full day . . .. Just put it on and try it out . . .Thanks.

Kurtis G.

#2 Victor Lazaro

Victor Lazaro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1196 posts
  • Sunnyside Queens, NY

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:39 AM

Hi Kurtis, 

The best place to demo one would be at the Tiffen Steadicam in Brubank. 

Tiffen Steadicam
2815 Winona Avenue
Burbank, CA 91504
Tel: 818 843 4600

I would also strongly recommend to attend to a workshop (at least a 2 day class, or private with a professional operator) as it will teach you the proper use of a Steadicam and how to operate one without hurting yourself. http://www.tiffen.co.../schedule.shtml

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

GPI Pro Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Camera Motion Research

Paralinx LLC

Wireless Video Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC Electronics Solutions

Boland Communications