• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Caleb Nehrbass

Caleb Nehrbass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:12 PM

I have a generic S40 steadicam and my problem is that the manufacturers messed up the drilling and tapping of the holes on the U shaped piece of metal that screws into the main bearing. I need to find a new one, but don't want to pay for the entire thing again. Does anyone know where I can get a spare gimbal (or parts of the gimbal). The dimensions of the bearing are: inside diameter-2.5 cm, outside diameter-4.2 cm, width-0.9 cm, the number on it is 69052. The part that goes from the handle to the bearing is 5.2 cm wide on the inside and 6.5 cm on the outside. 

#2 Victor Lazaro

Victor Lazaro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1196 posts
  • Sunnyside Queens, NY

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:16 PM

If it's the manufacturer's fault see with them to have u replaced with warranty.

#3 Lucas Delbanco

Lucas Delbanco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:49 PM

I really doubt you'll be able to find the complete part.  You could easily find a net set of bearings in that size, but your best bet for the gimbal yoke might be either a new sled, a used one that you can strip down for parts, or calling up a local machine shop to see if they could build you one.  Either way, good luck!

#4 Adrian Proleiko

Adrian Proleiko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Moscow, Russia/ Wuxi, China/ St Louis, MO, U.S.A

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:53 AM

you can get in contact with this manufacturer: http://www.shoulder-rig.comi don't know if they are the original makers, but i got my s-60-t from them. just shoot them an email.

rebotnix Technologies

Boland Communications

PLC Electronics Solutions

Camera Motion Research

Wireless Video Systems

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

Varizoom Follow Focus

Paralinx LLC

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

GPI Pro Systems