4 replies to this topic

#1 Justin Besser

Justin Besser

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 75 posts
  • Sydney, Australia

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:39 PM

was wondering if there is anyone that can build a jumper block for a gen 4 base that utilises all 3 battery positions in a parallel circuit .. I have the top position and centre bottom position in parallel and the far bottom position only being utilised when 24v is needed , as I never use 24v I would like a block that I can basically position my batteries anywhere depending on my weight distribution requirements..

#2 JensSchroeder

JensSchroeder

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:32 AM

Hi Justin,

Hugo Langer from Steadyrig, Australia has a technician who easily can rewire your jumper block.
Cheers, jens

was wondering if there is anyone that can build a jumper block for a gen 4 base that utilises all 3 battery positions in a parallel circuit .. I have the top position and centre bottom position in parallel and the far bottom position only being utilised when 24v is needed , as I never use 24v I would like a block that I can basically position my batteries anywhere depending on my weight distribution requirements..

#3 Victor Lazaro

Victor Lazaro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Sunnyside Queens, NY

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:54 AM

I was thinking about that too that would be nice.

I was also, a bit surprised to see that the Gen 4 battery hanger is wired with the top and center battery in parallel in the hanger itself. There are only two pairs of connectors to the jumper. which means that there is no way to have accessories and camera on a separate circuit.

#4 Francois Archambault

Francois Archambault

• Sustaining Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:30 AM

there's also David Hable from Cramped Attic Technologies that will most certainly be able modify a jumper block to your needs.  I had one modded by him a few years ago, all 3 batt positions at 12v, and he puts a bladed heat sink in front of the j-block to help keep the temp down.  David is fantastic for all kinds of steadicam mods!

http://www.crampedattic.com

#5 Brian Freesh

Brian Freesh

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 922 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

FWIW, the accessories are always powered by the camera battery, no matter the battery base or jumper block, the monitor is the only thing that can be powered separately. The Auxilliary battery provides 24v in series.

Boland Communications

Engineered Cinema Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

BOXX

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

IDX

GPI Pro Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Teradek

SkyDreams