Photo

rickshaw in philadelphia / camden new jersey / new york ?

rickshaw philadelphia

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 brett.mayfield

brett.mayfield

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 240 posts
  • hotlanta

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:42 PM

hi yall

i am looking to rent a rickshaw for an overnight shoot tuesday night into wednesday morning. the shoot takes place in camden new jersey, very close to philadelphia. i will be leaving from new york city tuesday afternoon.

i can issue a COI for the rental.

please let me know! i think that this would be a huge asset to our shoot.

feel free to email, call, or text me. Ill be flying this afternoon but will get back to you as soon as i can.

brett.

12@brettmayfield.com

#2 brett.mayfield

brett.mayfield

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 240 posts
  • hotlanta

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

anyone with a hardmount bracket with socket block in new York? looks likes we will potentially be using a doorway dolly and perhaps there is a way to mount some speed rail and then hardmount...

#3 Tom Wills

Tom Wills

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 384 posts
  • Philadelphia, PA

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:19 PM

I've got a Klassen hard mount you can borrow/rent. I'm in Philly but could get it to you in NYC if you need. Let me know. 215-796-8938

#4 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:38 AM

Alec Jarnagin has a rickshaw in Brooklyn

#5 David Allen Grove

David Allen Grove

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 891 posts
  • Los Angeles, California,

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:56 PM

Does the Steadicam Operators Association still have one? They used to rent it to operators? 

#6 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:40 PM

Brett,

In the future, I do have a Rickshaw.  You should really pickup your own vehicle mount though as it IS NOT included with Rickshaws, ATVs, etc.  Plus, you can use it to mount to speedrail or Bazooka on a Doorway/Western Dolly (or any dolly for that matter).

#7 brett.mayfield

brett.mayfield

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 240 posts
  • hotlanta

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:09 AM

Hey yall

I appreciate everyones help and input.

Yes, I definitely need to add a vehicle mount to my kit. There are several more items that need to be added, but at the moment its about priority. I also just put a downpayment on a house so the kit is a bit fixed at the moment...my wife looks at every monitor, motor, or wireless repair and purchase as a mortgage payment. I look at them as kit rentals to pay the mortgage...

Jay and Jerry got in touch with me regarding the skate dolly. There didnt seem to be an SOA rickshaw (available at least) but yes, I was under the impression that SOA kept one for rental. Perhaps it was on set.

Tom Wills was instrumental in helping me arrange a vehicle mount as well as dolly and rickshaw rentals in the Philadelphia area. Yall should reach out to him if you find yourself in need of anything in the area.

I see operators such as myself often asking about available items in regions and cities. Do we have a list of sorts with specialty (or regular) items and their owners with whereabouts? It might be nice to have an ongoing list with all the cities and owners of rickshaws, this, that, and the other. Maybe steadicam-ops.com is utilized in this way with the state breakdown. Just a thought.

brett.

#8 Lee Kazista

Lee Kazista

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:49 AM

www.steadicar.com

We carry this at Monster Remotes (located in NJ).  It goes 43 mph, comes with a seat and has a Klassen mount built into it.  

We have Rickshaws as well, but this is just way cooler.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rickshaw, philadelphia

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

GPI Pro Systems

IDX

BOXX

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Boland Communications

Teradek

PLC Electronics Solutions

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC