XCS HD-Programmable Digital Level

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GregBubb

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:47 PM

As promised, I can finally announce the availability of the XCS HD-Programmable Digital Level Plus for demonstration and purchase. It has taken a bit longer than we had hoped, but developing cutting edge technology has never been a simple process. The end product will speak for itself.  Some of the specifications have changed and new software options have been added. More info available at www.xcsinc.com.

Greg Bubb

XCS Inc.

#2 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1624 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:36 PM

Congratulations to Greg and the team of engineers! The ONLY universal HD-SDI level sensor (and more) on this planet.

#3 RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:48 PM

I have been trying one out for the past two weeks. It is fantastic. I am happy to say that I am ordering one immediately! Thanks Sandy Hayes for alerting me to the availability ;-)

#4 Afton Grant

Afton Grant

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • New York, Boston

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

I got to play with the level for a couple days when I was filling in for Ron when he was hungover.  It's simply great.  It does exactly what it should in the manner in which it should (even better, really).  As long as HD is the signal standard, and it's safe to say it will be for a while, it is the only level you will need to buy since it works independent of any monitor (HD or SD).  I'm in as soon as we finish this goddamn kitchen remodel.  

#5 Walter F. Rodriguez

Walter F. Rodriguez

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:31 AM

How many frame delay does this have?

#6 GregBubb

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:42 PM

One of good things about dealing with digital is we are not dealing with milliseconds per frame on digital input/outputs but rather what is called “propagation delay”. Which is the time it takes to pass signals through integrated circuits. As the electronics engineer explained in worst case scenario there is less than 0.50 of a pixel line per second in delay.

Other manufactures of products like HD transmitters and some FHD monitors would call this zero delay.

Omnishot Systems

Ritter Battery

PLC Electronics Solutions

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Paralinx LLC

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Boland Communications

rebotnix Technologies

Camera Motion Research

PLC - Bartech