3 replies to this topic

#1 Omar Sawalha

Omar Sawalha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

Hi, 

I 've been practicing on the zephyr for a few months now and tried operating in low mode and am finding it very difficult in keeping the camera frame steady does anyone have any advice as to how i can achieve a smoother movement or any techniques to shooting in low mode?

Kind Regards

Omar

#2 Chris Van Campen

Chris Van Campen

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

Hi Omar - hard to say exactly what you need without seeing video, but maybe this will help a bit?

Make sure your drop time is still accurate - if you're used to 3 secs in high mode, then make sure you're still dropping at 3 secs in low, etc. Are you using the low mode adapter that Tiffen sells? Without it it's hard to get the sled far enough away from your gimbal handle. Make sure you're holding the post under the gimbal, not above the gimbal or splitting your hand above and below. You can also make the sled longer than it is in high mode to help add some space between the gimbal and the top stage if there's not enough room for your hand. There are times when you can't fit your hand fully under the gimbal and you do what you have to do, but I think it's generally recommended that you learn it the right way.

Good luck!

C

PS: Might be more appropriate in the newbie section; moderators may move it

#3 Omar Sawalha

Omar Sawalha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:39 AM

Hi Chris, 

Thanks a lot.

Is it possible to shoot in low mode without the low mode adapter with the zephyr, shooting with a sony f55 and ultra primes?

Cheers

Omar 

#4 Chris Van Campen

Chris Van Campen

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:39 AM

Hi Omar, I would not recommend it except in case of emergency, and it's going to be extremely sub-optimal. 

The adapter is under $200......

Boland Communications

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems

Paralinx LLC

Teradek

BOXX

rebotnix Technologies