3 replies to this topic

#1 Nithin Vunnam

Nithin Vunnam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:03 AM

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum and need your advice. I am planning on purchasing a steadicam and looked at few and finally planning to purchase Laing P-04s. And then a friend of mine was suggesting me to look at goodluckbuy and found the 3-axis gimble with the controller for $340. Now im a bit confused on which one to take as I see the 3-axis gimble gives more options to shoot but harder to setup than a steadicam. Let me know your thoughts on this.

#2 Chris Van Campen

Chris Van Campen

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

Hi Nithin - you will probably be hard pressed to get answers to this kind of inquiry on this forum. If you take a look at the marketplace section, you'll get a feel for the level of gear that is being used and discussed. 
I highly doubt anyone has experience with this gear, and in fact when members have seen Laing and other cheap knock-off brands in person, the comments are universally negative.
Best regards,

#3 Lars Erik

Lars Erik

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 543 posts
  • Norway

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

Hi Nithin,

as Chris states, this forum consists of mostly operators who owns and uses $25K+ worth of steadicam gear. Therefore, no one here will likely have encountered the gear you ask about. Maybe someone here has used it, but not likely.

I did a quick google search and found this site;

It seems like a forum for the type of gear you're looking at.

Good luck!

All the best

#4 Lucas Delbanco

Lucas Delbanco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

Not gonna lie, I've used similar gear.  In fact, that's all I own.  If you don't have the money for a true setup, skip it.  The only quasi-passable rig under $600 is really the glidecam hd-4000, and even that has huge issues.  The quality of the rig you could afford is not worth anywhere near that, and would give you more headaches than you could count.  I know mine has!

rebotnix Technologies

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions

Paralinx LLC

Wireless Video Systems

Ritter Battery

Camera Motion Research

GPI Pro Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Omnishot Systems

Boland Communications