Cheap Steadicam, what are your thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Caleb Nehrbass

Caleb Nehrbass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:44 PM

So I actually made a merlin style steadicam out of wood for my Mobius Actioncam and it works pretty well. I only spent like 8 bucks on it so you can't really expect much but I am getting exceptional results from it. The problem is that it cannot handle wind in the slightest because of how light it is and it's not really adaptable past my Mobius.

I came across this $40 merlin style steadicam that looks to me like it's pretty good quality. I want to branch out into the steadicam industry and I wold like to know if you think it will be ok. I want to use it for my iPhone 5s, Mobius camera, and the occasional DSLR. I'm hoping that it's going to give me better than my scratch-built steadicam.

Here is the link: http://www.banggood....r-p-940726.html

(I know the website is a little sketchy looking, but I haven't ever been dissapointed with their service)

Anyways, just wondering if it's worth it, thanks!

Edited by Caleb Nehrbass, 26 October 2014 - 11:45 PM.

#2 Andre Perron

Andre Perron

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 44 posts
  • Montreal, Canada

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

This forum may not be very useful for you. In fact, you might just attract some "not so pleasant" comments...

Please refer to this website:

Have fun!

#3 Andre Trudel

Andre Trudel

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:46 PM

This might be a fun game. Can you think of any piece of gear that cost $40 in the "Steadicam" world? Maybe a single camera bolt or a few bnc barrels? 

Omnishot Systems

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

Boland Communications

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Camera Motion Research

Varizoom Follow Focus