• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Chameides

Dave Chameides

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:17 AM

Does anyone out there watch Key & Peele? Not only brilliantly funny but shot by our very own Charles Papert, former steadicam op and dessert maker (he may still do that though). Seriously, it's hilarious but moreso if you watch it for visuals, it's astounding. The number of different looks they pull off in any given show, and all done on a shoestring and quickly....and shockingly well executed, is astounding. Check it out with the sound off and you'll be amazed. He's doing some seriously amazing work and I just thought it was worth sharing with you all.

Bravo Chaz!

P.S. All work is gluten free!

#2 Alan Rencher

Alan Rencher

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:25 AM

I visited the set once. Charles is, in fact, in charge. Also, I want to say that the crew does an awesome job, and they're very cool people. Great show, great visuals. I have also heard that they might be doing a movie.

#3 Sanjay Sami

Sanjay Sami

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 429 posts
  • India

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

It is a great show. Hilarious and well made. 

#4 JimBartell

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 481 posts
  • Long Beach, CA, USA

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

Some of the lines in this show are priceless.  A recent sketch had a gay character trying to explain the differences (or lack thereof) in a gay wedding vs. a straight wedding to a clueless character:

Clueless: What do we throw in place of rice?

Gay: (angrily) Why would you throw anything other than rice?  What would you throw?

Clueless: I don't know. Couscous? Skittles?

I laughed for about a minute at that one.

Jim Bartell

#5 Charles Papert

Charles Papert

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2208 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:15 PM

Thanks all!

"Key & Peele" has been an amazing experience (this is the last season) in all ways. I can only hope that I am fortunate enough to find myself attached to projects in the future that are as much fun and creatively fulfilling as this one has been.

Jim, I laughed my ass off at the couscous and Skittles line also! (here's that sketch):

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

rebotnix Technologies

Varizoom Follow Focus

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications

PLC Electronics Solutions

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech

Camera Motion Research