Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:51 AM
Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:24 PM
hey, i am new to steadicam as well, and also new to video editing, and one of the ways I am trying to learn is by examining others videos quite closely. these are my thoughts on your video --
- the trimming could be done a little more carefully on all of the shots, for instance in the opening shot, this is a very long shot and i do like it, but i would cut it exactly when the dad finishes the thumbs-up: in the video we see him reach forward before the transition, i would trim that off
- the second clip, with the girl running, we just had a really long shot, and this one isnt very informative, i would have the first shot of her running, cut the next two showing the feet (i think this shot might have worked better if it was from a different angle, or zoomed closer to the feet), include the staircase run, and then cut the zoomed-out run
- the shot at 0:37 is my absolute favourite of the entire clip, it's very beautiful imo, and I actually think it got trimmed off a little too soon, I was interested in seeing what was happening when she started bending down.
- 0:49 I like this shot but i wanted you to go in the house, why didnt you go in
- i like the ladder shot at 1:01
- a couple of the shots just seem to be flying around with no real purpose. in the two shots i mentioned earlier, there is clear purpose: a woman is walking forward through a hallway with some air freshener in her hand, a server is grabbing a mug off a ladder. but then at 1:11 there's a dude walking, then we see a motorcycle, then we see a rocking chair, then it goes back to the guy, and without any other context none of it computes, so the shot is basically just saying to me, "hey i have a steadicam. neat."
- some of the clips are longer than they really need to be, the sign shot at 0:58 i like, it's nice and it gives context to the following shot, but it doesn't need to be 4 seconds long, it would work fine at 2 seconds
- 2:03 i like this shot - and i really like the one that came before it - but his mouth moving looks weird, i would either write the audio back in, back up the shot so we don't see him talking, or cut it altogether
- i dont mind your ending clip, but i don't think it's appropriate for the end... i would nominate the two shots at 1:39 for the end: guy on the beach, and guy walking on the bridge. i think i like the reverse order better too, so it would go bridge>beach.
Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:36 PM
i liked the movements , the framing . im a steadicam fan and i liked your video. good work . keep going
Edited by yassine khamliche, 22 October 2014 - 12:38 PM.
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reel, feedback, critique
Steadicam Forums →
Steadicam Forums →