• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Suman Allakki

Suman Allakki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:36 PM

I just got my 2 year UK work visa and I am looking to network and hopefully work in the UK.  I currently live in the NY/NJ area and have been working as a camera pa and set pa on a bunch of different projects.  I am also a new steadicam operator.  In May, I took the Local 600 assistant camera test and am union eligible now.  I made one contact in Belfast and I am going to be there from September 24th-October 22nd to network more and possibly day play on something. If anybody is working on a project anywhere in the UK and have a need for an assistant, I would love to help out.  I would also love any advice on getting work in this area.  I am mainly looking for camera pa/camera trainee work.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Suman Allakki

#2 rupert peddle

rupert peddle

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 47 posts
  • UK

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

Hey Suman,

I'm a new operator too and have been using Shooting People and Film and TV Pro to find jobs so far. You have to pay for both and you seem to mostly get the expenses only or really low budget productions on there, but I've worked on a few really cool projects and met some great people who I'll be working with again so it's great for getting experience and networking. I've just upgraded my rig and need to branch out into bigger projects now...but that's new territory for me so not sure how yet haha. Good luck!

#3 Suman Allakki

Suman Allakki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:38 AM

Hey! Thanks for the advice

Wireless Video Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

PLC - Bartech

Camera Motion Research