#1 rupert peddle

rupert peddle

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 48 posts
  • UK

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

Hi!

I'm in the process of purchasing my first proper rig ( probably an Archer2...see my other thread  ;) ) and have been considering getting a small rig to tide me over while I finalise the purchase (my old rig has given up the ghost) and to use for small student/dSLR type shoots where the Archer would be a bit OTT. I'd like a Flyer LE but there does not seem to be many around for sale, but there are a few Flyers knocking about. I was wondering, are the enhancements in the LE worth waiting and paying a bit extra for if it's just going to be a 'B' rig or is the original Flyer close enough to make it not worthwhile, especially if I have an Archer2 as the main rig? Any experiences with either would be great to hear about, thanks!

rups

#2 richard bellon

richard bellon

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:48 AM

If u buying an archer, I would save my money and not buy the flyer. Rather save the cash and spend it on other assescories that you will need down the road.

#3 Brian Freesh

Brian Freesh

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 922 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

I agree with Richard.

If by chance you still want one though: http://www.steadicam...973#entry103594

#4 rupert peddle

rupert peddle

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 48 posts
  • UK

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

thanks guys, and those that PM'ed me too! the unanimous advice is not to bother with a small B rig so I will take that on board. It makes perfect sense thinking about the points you all make, mainly that a Flyer cannot be used as a backup to an Archer and I can fly the smaller cameras on the Archer with a weight plate anyway so not really any need for a smaller rig. I will bide my time and allocate the money towards kitting out the Archer with accs, cables, etc :)

cheers!

rups

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flyer, flyer le

SkyDreams

rebotnix Technologies

PLC - Bartech

Boland Communications

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Wireless Video Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Paralinx LLC

Teradek