#1 Marc_Abernathy

Marc_Abernathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:45 PM

saw this in the july issue of millimeter mag.. just now got around to sifting thru it and i saw dave :

Posted Image

dave if your around, or if someone knows, what kind of 'rig' is this? please excuse the poor quality scan. compressed it a little TOO much...

#2 Mikko Wilson

Mikko Wilson

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 268 posts
  • Juneau, Alaska, USA

Posted 24 August 2005 - 02:14 AM

I saw that too.. what's that cable that is really tight too?

- Mikko

#3 Matt Mouraud

Matt Mouraud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 03:58 AM

Looks like a low mode stick, I just can't see any stabilizating device in there... :blink:

#4 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 01:01 PM

The yellow cable is video and the black one looks to be power. It's pulled tight probably because the cable wrangler wearing the belt couldn't keep up.

#5 Brad Grimmett

Brad Grimmett

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 01:33 PM

The yellow cable is video and the black one looks to be power.  It's pulled tight probably because the cable wrangler wearing the belt couldn't keep up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I originally thought too Mitch....but since it's a panavised 235 I believe the yellow cable is power since many of Panavisions power cables are yellow. Funny, one of the first things I noticed when I looked at the picture was that cable pulled tight. I can just imagine some grip dragging on the ground behind him.

#6 Chip Monk

Chip Monk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Orlando, FL

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:07 PM

The yellow cable is video and the black one looks to be power.  It's pulled tight probably because the cable wrangler wearing the belt couldn't keep up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I originally thought too Mitch....but since it's a panavised 235 I believe the yellow cable is power since many of Panavisions power cables are yellow. Funny, one of the first things I noticed when I looked at the picture was that cable pulled tight. I can just imagine some grip dragging on the ground behind him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe it's a "remote tilt stick".

#7 Brad Grimmett

Brad Grimmett

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 02:51 AM

It actually just looks like the middle of a C+ stand screwed into the top of the camera with a monitor mounted on top. I just wonder what advantage this had over low mode.

#8 Afton Grant

Afton Grant

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • New York, Boston

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:02 AM

Funny, one of the first things I noticed when I looked at the picture was that cable pulled tight.  I can just imagine some grip dragging on the ground behind him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It actually becomes quite clear as to what is going on when you see the full picture:

Posted Image

B)

Omnishot Systems

SkyDreams

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC Electronics Solutions

Boland Communications

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

BOXX

Teradek

Paralinx LLC

GPI Pro Systems