• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Andre Trudel

Andre Trudel

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

I have a pro SD rig. I own an AJA down converter but need a power cable. I want to make an AJA Micro-Con-X Type 2-Pin Power Cable to Lemo 3 pin so I can come out of one of the camera power outputs on the rig. I have the names of the female connectors on my rig but how do I find the correct male counterpart. Is there a code that separated male from female Lemos? Where can I buy the lemo connectors I need? Thanks.

#2 Jarrett P. Morgan

Jarrett P. Morgan

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 225 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

If you want the larger camera power connector for the Pro SD rig it is an FFA.1S.303.CLAC**  Where the ** is the diameter of the cable.

The pin out is:

1: 24V

2: GND

3: 12V

Do note though that the 12V is unregulated, so it can be as high as 16.2 or so off of a freshly charged Dionic HC. I think some of the AJA devices are a bit sensitive to voltage. Just something to be aware of. 

#3 Andre Trudel

Andre Trudel

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

Thanks for the response Jarrett.

That’s a good point about the voltage. I know guys with AB Dtap to Aja and have not heard of any issues. I’m currently on regular Dionic 90’s and plan to wire the lemo to aja off of a camera position on the sled. If I’m running just two batteries, the power for the aja will be shared by the monitor and therefore draw more power. I would really hate to fry the AJA so if anyone has more experience with this, let me know. Thanks

#4 Andre Trudel

Andre Trudel

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

Interesting side note, my aja down converter says "Power 5-18V" I'm going to assume that I'm ok then?

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Teradek

BOXX

Boland Communications

Paralinx LLC

Omnishot Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

IDX