This is a complete system including sled, arm, and vest. It’s almost identical to the current package sold by Tiffen/Steadicam ($24,990.00).
I’d still say (after 5 years of owning this system) that it offers the best capabilities for the price. You’ll be able to fly just about everything you’ll encounter for the better part of your career (Red, Alexa, some 35mm setups too), and it all fits in one case for getting around easily and flying as well.
This system has seen plenty of use, but I have always taken EXTREMELY good care of it. I’ve made some upgrades along the way (noted below), and I’m throwing in some extras too!
Here’s the breakdown:
Sled - Archer2
- Multiple dedicated HD lines through extendable post, lots of battery/monitor configurations, V-Mount
- SD Tifffen Monitor - Nothing fancy but works great for SD, fairly bright, frame line generator.
- Upgraded to allow the gimbal to be removed for cleaning or replacement if desired.
Arm - G-40 with X upgrade.
- Effectively the same as the new G50X arms, just no “ride” control.
- I maxed out this arm at about 53lbs (33lbs of camera weight), and it still performed beautifully.
- Smoother than most brand new G50X arms I’ve tried.
Vest - Standard LX Vest
- Added backstraps, which add quite a bit of rigidity to the vest.
- Modified front spar to allow for lower socket block placement, and for easy goofy/standard switching. This can be switched back to stock if needed.
- Swapped out crappy plastic wing nuts with stainless steel screws in socket block.
- Steadicam monitor cable - power and signal in one cable.
- Lemo to 4-pin XLR, to power cameras off the top stage.
- (4) 150 Whr Li-ion - 2 of these power the SD monitor for 2 days!
- (1) 2-Position Fast Charger
- (1) Portable Slower Charger
- Marshall Monitor - LCD70 w/v-mount and 3GSDI
- Of course, all the standard accessories in photos are included.
Complete package for $21,500.