5 replies to this topic

#1 Kent Wiley

Kent Wiley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

Hi all,

I've got an upcoming job in a large university hospital. Has anyone heard of issues or restrictions with wireless transmitters for follow focus units (Redrock) or video feeds (Paralinx) in hospitals? TIA

Kent Wiley

#2 Janice Arthur

Janice Arthur

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

Kent

I've done hospital jobs w standard def transmitters not hd but all the rest

I didn't announce to anyone I was turning on strange stuff to keep from scaring them but I did keep an ear out to any issues around me that popped up after turning them on and I turned things off when not using them just to be safe

I was not in surgery or procedure rooms either just hallways

I'd maybe talk quietly ahead to director and say if we have an issue ill drag a cable etc instead of transmitting

Lastly. I'd take a can of disinfectant wipes and wipe off everything that came in contact w the floors there. Cases etc before I put them back inmy car. Again Id do that quietly or out of sight of shoot and hospital people.

Good luck.

Janice

#3 Kent Wiley

Kent Wiley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

Thanks Janice. Good things to think about.

#4 Steve Rausch

Steve Rausch

• Sustaining Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

A couple months back we used a teradek when shooting in an empty OP. We were in later in the day so not to interfer with patients. 

Because the floor was mostly empty Its virtually impossible to know if there would have been any interference with other equipment. We had a hospital tech guy there and I talked it over with him. He figured that even if there were patients in the area the operating frequence of the Teradek (5.1-5.8GHZ) would not bump up against anything in the range where their equipment operates. Good to know but it really didn't answer the question for either of us. 

#5 Kent Wiley

Kent Wiley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

Thanks Steve. I'm going on a scout tomorrow, so perhaps I should make some discreet inquiries.

#6 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

Other than causing a stray pacemaker or two to give it up, no problems to report.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hospital, interference, wireless, Paralinx, Redrock microremote

IDX

GPI Pro Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Varizoom Follow Focus

SkyDreams

PLC Electronics Solutions

BOXX

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Teradek

Wireless Video Systems

PLC - Bartech