• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Sanchez

Mark Sanchez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

It was the right price and I want to ad it to my package as an incentive, it came without the docking bracket and i need to get one . Ive been to the Tiffen/ Steadicam website and i find no info about them. Im assuming that i can find one from another model that will work ????

#2 Haris Pallas

Haris Pallas

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 87 posts
  • Thessaloniki,GREECE

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:51 AM

Hi Mark,

Don't look there...there is nothing for the older models like your SK2.

Try the marketplace in here or on Ebay under the search tag "steadicam"...there are at least 3 - not SK2 - docking brackets for sale that might fit your rig.

Hope it helps,

- Haris -

#3 Mark Sanchez

Mark Sanchez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

Hi Mark,

Don't look there...there is nothing for the older models like your SK2.

Try the marketplace in here or on Ebay under the search tag "steadicam"...there are at least 3 - not SK2 - docking brackets for sale that might fit your rig.

Hope it helps,

- Haris -

Thanks bro yes it dose , but because steadicam is new to me i wonder if Im even calling it by its right name ? Im looking for the plate that attaches the bottom of the cam to the SK2 itself....is that the docking Bracket or just a camera plate?

#4 Brian Freesh

Brian Freesh

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 922 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

That's the dovetail plate. Others may call it something else, camera plate could work. Docking bracket is what you put the rig on when you are not wearing it on set.  Docking bracket goes on a stand, rig docks to the bracket, you walk away and get a coffee, flirt with extras.

The SK2 dovetail plate is what you are looking for, and I do not believe a modern dovetail will fit.  An SK2 expert will likely come in here to verify for you.

#5 Mark Sanchez

Mark Sanchez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

That's the dovetail plate. Others may call it something else, camera plate could work. Docking bracket is what you put the rig on when you are not wearing it on set.  Docking bracket goes on a stand, rig docks to the bracket, you walk away and get a coffee, flirt with extras.

The SK2 dovetail plate is what you are looking for, and I do not believe a modern dovetail will fit.  An SK2 expert will likely come in here to verify for you.

Right on bro understood, thanks for the input ... if your ever in Phoenix flirting with extras look me up 432PRODUCTIONS. 602-999-4679

#6 Chris Van Campen

Chris Van Campen

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

Hey Mark, give Tiffen a call and see if the smaller dovetail (Clipper, Archer, Zephyr, etc) fits an SK2. It might, I don't know...

http://www.tiffen.co...temnum=802-7417

good luck!

#7 Gordon SMith

Gordon SMith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Germany

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:52 AM

Hi, I tried zephyr camera plate on old SK2 i have. It does fit and can be locked using the thumb screw. You need to remove safety screw on one end of the plate so it can slide in (and dont forget to put the screw back in place!) . Also - you dont have control of the fore/aft knob as zephyr plate was not built for a rack/pinion system like the SK2 has - it may be a challenge to balance this arrangement ... i would ask Tiffen for advice...

#8 Tom Wills

Tom Wills

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 384 posts
  • Philadelphia, PA

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:12 AM

A dovetail plate for the Flyer should fit. Looks like Adorama and B&H still have them available, at least as special order items. Pricey though at $350, but it'd get you up and running.

IDX

PLC Electronics Solutions

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

GPI Pro Systems

BOXX

Teradek

Wireless Video Systems

SkyDreams

Engineered Cinema Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Varizoom Follow Focus

rebotnix Technologies