This is the one I got for my second hand zephyr (I got it without a monitor).
I got it because it was the cheapest 800nit HD monitor with both Hdmi and sdi inputs.
- I don't know about the aspect ratio since I only tried it with my 5D2, but it has some settings for it so it shouldn't be a problem.
- Regarding the 800nit brightness. I did a couple of tests in direct and indirect sunlight during the summer (I live in Greece, sunlight is brutal) and I am in the process in uploading my thoughts and pics on a blog I'm just starting these days.
- I don't know about the 45ms delay you are referring to. Didn't do that much of a research. Are talking about a delay in the SDI module? I didn't notice any delay during the testing...
- Voltage requirements (from marshall website) are 7-20 VDC, so I'm guessing the batts you have should be ok. I use a 3d party v-mount battery that outputs 14,8v when fully charged.
- A small nuisance you may need to face is reflections on the screen. Initially I thought that would be a problem (judging from the on-line pics and videos I found) and that I would need to apply some kind of matte screen cover. Testing concluded that was not such a big deal after all.
One other thing. The monitor CoG is not centered on its mounting hole. If you have a Pilot/Scout/Zephyr or, in general, a mounting system without side to side adjustment you will have trouble achiving dynamic balance. The effect may be negligible (haven't tried yet), but I myself don't like it. That's why I'm thinking of building a specific adjustable yoke.
Overall I went to this mostly because I couldn't afford anything fancier at present. The other option (for me) was 1000 Euros more (the ikan/bon 7" 1100nits monitor).
I will direct you to the blog page once I have it up, if you're interested.