4 replies to this topic

#1 Andre Trudel

Andre Trudel

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

Hi everyone,

I am curious to know how the old Pro model one center post was attached to the base. I assumed the clamp just tighten down on the lower post until I bought one of the clamps last week. It’s not perfectly round; it has two notches in it. If anyone has pictures or a good description of the old post, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

#2 RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

it's a bayonet mount...like a lens.  You would put it in a quarter turn one way or another then straighten it up and tighten.  If it came loose it wouldn't just fall off (nice).

#3 Andre Trudel

Andre Trudel

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

Thanks for the answer Ron.

A few years ago I modified my Steadicam efp sled with an Mk-v carbon fiber post. It’s a nice mod but the post is 19” tall combined with the tall profile of the efp lower electronics, it can feel quite long.

I bought the pro one clamp because I would like to reattach the original post and I believe the mounting screw pattern on the clamp is the same as the Mk-v (4 screws). Because of that bayonet pattern on the clamp, the lower post of the two stage efp will not fit. I’ve never seen a pro 1 post before so, I’m not sure how pro made that shape to the post. I assume by looking at my pro 2 that it was a machined piece that the post screwed onto?  I’m trying to figure out this dilemma. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

For some reason, I cant upload pictures...

Attached Files

Edited by Andre Trudel, 05 December 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#4 Andre Trudel

Andre Trudel

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

I guess I was able to attach pics. At the top are pictures of the mod efp base with the Mk-v post.

Attached File  top use.jpg   62.8KB   10 downloads

Pro one “clamp” with Steadicam efp original post.

Edited by Andre Trudel, 05 December 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#5 Randy Nolen

Randy Nolen

• Sustaining Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

I still have all of the Original PRO 1 parts, except the post. I don't remember exactly how the post mounted to the upper & lower junction boxes and battery base. I don't think it was a bayonet mount at this point, but maybe this picture will help. Give Jack at GPI a call, maybe he can figure it out.

I tried attaching a picture of these parts but it didn't work. I posted these parts for sale on the Marketplace some time ago, so I don't know if the picture is still there. I can email you the picture if you want.  

Ritter Battery

Boland Communications

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems

Camera Motion Research

PLC - Bartech

Paralinx LLC

PLC Electronics Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Wireless Video Systems