Photo

How do I fasten the base of my Quick Release Bracket to my Glidecam?

Quick Release Bracket HD 2000

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Miguel Diaz Jr

Miguel Diaz Jr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have been beating my brains on how to securely fasten my Manfrotto 577 Quick release bracket to my Glidecam HD-2000? Just to start off, I am not mechanically inclined at all.  After countless hours on all the video websites I am without hope. I have a two fold problem in a  nut shell.  1: The turn knob on my release plate will not secure and release without turning more than a 1/4 in any direction which is obstructed by my DSLR and the Glidecam station ''/. 2: I'm pretty sure I can fasten the bottom base of my quick release plate by nut and screw but will the screw coming through bottom of base of quick release plate be securely fastened without a nut on top? Obviously the quick release plate can not have anything between its base and the plate itself because it wouldn't slide it and work properly.  Can anyone give me ideas on how to bypass the turn knob problem I'm having and let me know If I'm the only person in the world trying to mount this particular quick release plate on this Glidecam? Thank you all in advance

Miguel Diaz Jr

#2 Victor Lazaro

Victor Lazaro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1231 posts
  • Sunnyside Queens, NY

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Welcome to the community of professional steadicam operators. 

What you are trying to do has been a challenge for all of us for decades and we have all been scratching our heads over it.

Thankfully I have the solution to your troubles! Please follow the link below.

http://bit.ly/1hV9JTI

[SOLVED]

#3 Miguel Diaz Jr

Miguel Diaz Jr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

@Victor Lazaro,

Thank you for that video.  I did see that on another topical forum.  Do you know though how the base of the release plate was fastened on the steadicam plate? That has me scratching my head.

#4 Tom Wills

Tom Wills

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 384 posts
  • Philadelphia, PA

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Your Glidecam should have come with some screws to attach it to a camera. Just thread one of those into the matching threaded hole in the base of the Manfrotto QR plate. It should have several. Should be pretty self-explanatory - no nuts, extra hardware, or anything required.

If you do find that you're having trouble with the knob needing to turn more than the stage will let it though, you can always get a slightly longer bolt from a hardware store, and put a few fender washers (basically just really big washers) in between the top plate and the QR plate. That would give you some clearance then.

#5 Miguel Diaz Jr

Miguel Diaz Jr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

@VictorLazaro @TomWills

Thank you guys so much for your input. I was able to mount the bracket on my HD-2000 and fly for my event the day after Thanksgiving. You guys are one of a kind truly and I hope both of your business or hobby ventures soar through the skies!

Omnishot Systems

BOXX

PLC - Bartech

Boland Communications

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Paralinx LLC

GPI Pro Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Varizoom Follow Focus

rebotnix Technologies

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

SkyDreams