No replies to this topic

#1 Tom Szklarski

Tom Szklarski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Chicago

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:37 PM

I've been asked to try and shoot some highschool football games in the fall. I am still a new operator and haven't totally agreed to do this. I would be shooting with the highschool I work with, I don't go there, I just work there part-time. We have our own television station, production truck and everything else.

Anyway, what I wanted to know was what kinds of shots are ops getting when they are shooting NFL or college games. You are running with the play I take it? How do you cover passes? What other kinds of shots are you getting? Is it pretty much what a hand held would get? Also do you have someone pulling focus for you or are you doing it yourself? What do you use if you are focusing yourself.

I just want to get an idea of how I should be shooting it. I have talked to another operator about this but wanted to get some more opinions. I have been a camera operator for sports for over 6 years either doing it hand held or with sticks so I am not new to shooting sports. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

Wireless Video Systems

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

Camera Motion Research

rebotnix Technologies

PLC Electronics Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

Boland Communications

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Paralinx LLC

Varizoom Follow Focus