Teletest have recently launched the new HD Video Wireless Link, the TELESEND.
Would a couple of UK members of the Steadicam Forum, who already own digital links eg IDX / Teradek etc, like to borrow a TELESEND kit for a few weeks and write a brief review, comparing the different systems?
The HD-SDI transmitter fits onto your camera or Steadicam rig:
Choices of HD transmitters with HDMI, HD-SDI and PAL/NTSC inputs
HD-SDI loop through
The HD receiver is built inside the LCD monitor, thus it can be used as a very portable wireless confidence monitor or as a stand alone receiver for a broadcast quality link:
- Choices of LCD receivers with HDMI, HD-SDI and PAL/NTSC outputs for feeding the media village / OB van etc
- Option of an LCD receiver with two receivers built in, so the director can switch between two cameras
- The link is broadcast quality and there are options with embedded audio
- HDMI, HD-SDI and PAL/NTSC inputs using the BNCs on the rear
The TELESEND uses the Amimon chipset and so has a latency of <1ms: you can see two videos on our website showing that the delay is practically zero.
The TX and RX are matched pairs that Dynamicaly Select the Frequency (DFS - ie auto-tune) so the TELESEND is simply turn on and forget.
- Ranges of 20m-40m without breaking up when moving around
- Ranges of up to 70m without breaking up when the TX and RX are fixed.
Choices of battery plates on TX and LCD RX eg PAG, Anton Bauer, V-Lock
7.5V to 30V input range on TX and LCD RX
Teletest designs and manufactures the TELESENDs in the UK, so we are always available for support & feedback
The feedback we have had so far from Hire Companies and Lighting Cameramen is that the TELESENDs perform better than the IDX WEVI and Camwaves and also perform better than the Teradek BOLT (see our website for the quotes). They tell us that their directors also like the lightweight, all-in-one LCD receiver.
It would now be great to have feedback from Steadicam users on this forum. So if you are interested, please email me at email@example.com
For more details and to download a TELESEND brochure, visit: www.teletest.tv
MD Teletest Ltd