2 replies to this topic

#1 Elie AZAR

Elie AZAR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

Hello,

I have been facing a problem concerning wire-less video transmission using my WE VI WIRELESS system. This problem has only been happening during this year. I am using a SONY PMW-320 and my transmitter is of the model IDX CD-5HD.

The problem is that my recieved image on the monitor is breaking up into a black screen for about 2 frames at a very short distant rate.

By short distant i mean it breaks up when i am right next to the reciever.

I have tried changing cables and even tried changing cameras but the problem is still present.

The problem is not a RF (out of range problem) but a random black cut which i beleive is considered as a video signal problem.

Please get back to me i would really appreciate your theories or possible solutions.

Thank you.

Elie Azar

#2 Zachary Shannon

Zachary Shannon

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Hello,

I have been facing a problem concerning wire-less video transmission using my WE VI WIRELESS system. This problem has only been happening during this year. I am using a SONY PMW-320 and my transmitter is of the model IDX CD-5HD.

The problem is that my recieved image on the monitor is breaking up into a black screen for about 2 frames at a very short distant rate.

By short distant i mean it breaks up when i am right next to the reciever.

I have tried changing cables and even tried changing cameras but the problem is still present.

The problem is not a RF (out of range problem) but a random black cut which i beleive is considered as a video signal problem.

Please get back to me i would really appreciate your theories or possible solutions.

Thank you.

Elie Azar

Hi Elie,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your transmitter. I'd like to help identify the cause of the problem but i will need more details from you. Please message me your contact info and I'll be in touch to get more details. 

Thank you,

-Zack

#3 brett.mayfield

brett.mayfield

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 240 posts
  • hotlanta

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

Hey Elie

At one point in time I was told that my receiving monitor needed a newer firmware to work consistently with the WEVI. I dont think this ended up being the case, but perhaps theres a monitor issue to consider. we talked to the guys at IDX who really helped resolve the issue.

Varizoom Follow Focus

GPI Pro Systems

Teradek

Paralinx LLC

IDX

PLC Electronics Solutions

BOXX

Wireless Video Systems

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Omnishot Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Boland Communications