9 replies to this topic

#1 Kiel Michael Eulberg

Kiel Michael Eulberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

So I was talking to a friend the other day who was mentioning how good a trip to the chiropractor went, and I started to think I should really be hitting one up. Does anyone have any tips/ advice about visiting one? I can't imagine we would be too different from normal folks going in. Also if anyone has a recommended chiropractor I would love my first visit to be with someone who I've heard good things about.

#2 Victor Lazaro

Victor Lazaro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1231 posts
  • Sunnyside Queens, NY

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

Yes chiropractor will make you feel great, but the issue I have with it is that it is not treating the reason why you are in pain, he just forces your bones in place. There is nothing better than a good stretching class, it will take longer for you to feel the results, but they are more long terms results. Yoga is a good thing to do. I personally have been going to a Klein technique at Barbara Mahler in NYC http://barbaramahler.net/ she does stretching class for modern dancers and it helped me a lot. I actually do a quick stretch from her before operating and I can feel the difference if I forget/don't have time to do it. Her basic idea is to balance the muscles of your body by relaxing them instead of tensing them.

PS: if you're interested in trying the Klein technique, shoot me an email, we'll go together https://www.google.c...merica/New_York

#3 Kiel Michael Eulberg

Kiel Michael Eulberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Yes chiropractor will make you feel great, but the issue I have with it is that it is not treating the reason why you are in pain, he just forces your bones in place. There is nothing better than a good stretching class, it will take longer for you to feel the results, but they are more long terms results. Yoga is a good thing to do. I personally have been going to a Klein technique at Barbara Mahler in NYC http://barbaramahler.net/ she does stretching class for modern dancers and it helped me a lot. I actually do a quick stretch from her before operating and I can feel the difference if I forget/don't have time to do it. Her basic idea is to balance the muscles of your body by relaxing them instead of tensing them.

PS: if you're interested in trying the Klein technique, shoot me an email, we'll go together https://www.google.c...merica/New_York

That may prove a tad difficult, as I am based in Los Angeles. I've been doing a bit of yoga when I can fit it into the schedule, and I do some yoga stretchesbefore I operate. Thank you for the tips though, any advice from people on this site is usually good advice.

#4 James Davis

James Davis

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 638 posts
  • London

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

Maybe see this guy?

His promo video cracks me up....get it? Cracks me.......I won't give up the day job.

#5 Kiel Michael Eulberg

Kiel Michael Eulberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:25 AM

Maybe see this guy?

His promo video cracks me up....get it? Cracks me.......I won't give up the day job.

I actually saw this video a while back, he seems legit enough.

#6 James Davis

James Davis

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 638 posts
  • London

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

Seems legit, just thought it was a funny infomercial :)

#7 JobScholtze

JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1361 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

That song at the end gave me the creeps

#8 James Davis

James Davis

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 638 posts
  • London

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

You know what it reminds me of Job?

The OCP adverts in Robocop.

#9 JobScholtze

JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1361 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

lol, yeah

#10 Kiel Michael Eulberg

Kiel Michael Eulberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Seems legit, just thought it was a funny infomercial :)

I only mean that he seems to be a crack doctor. 

PLC Electronics Solutions

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

SkyDreams

Wireless Video Systems

Boland Communications

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Engineered Cinema Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Varizoom Follow Focus

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems