1 reply to this topic

#1 David Allen Grove SOC

David Allen Grove SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 870 posts
  • Los Angeles, California,

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

I'd like to thank everyone who attended the 4th Annual Stabilizer Gear Expo, the Exhibitors, the attendees and those who helped with the event. 

First I'd like to thank Stan McClain, owner of Filmtools for allowing us to invade his parking lot for the day! Stan opened Filmtools  for the very first time on a Sunday, just for the Expo.

I'd like to thank those who actually went in the store to buy Filmtool products! 

I would also like to thank those who helped me out in the morning. Kenji Luster and Brad Greenspan were there and they helped me set up the Canopy. Thank you guys!! 

Also, a BIG  thank you to Jerry Hill, from Jerry Hill Steadicam Products, who, after wrapping up his booth, came over to help me load my two booths in my van! 

Rich Davis helped out with helping to fold that amazingly huge and awkward canopy cover.Thank you! 

Special thanks to Jessica Lopez for helping out as Steadicam Guild Events coordinator over the past 6 or is it 7? years.   Jessica has stepped down from her position as event's coordinator for the Steadicam guild so I'd like to take this time and say that I appreciate all the work that she has done for me over the years. 

Thank you Jessica!  :- )  

Thank you "The Grilled Cheese Truck" company for coming over on a Sunday!!  

Thanks  to Jack, Michelle and the crew at PRO Stabilizer Systems for providing Grilled Food and beverage for everyone!  Tasty Burgers! They went all out for attendees! 

Many of the other exhibitors provided water and soda also for attendees so Thank you very much!! 

Thank you

*(unless otherwise noted)

Jerry Hill Steadicam Products

PRO Stabilizer Systems 

Hocus Products

Inovativ Carts

Bartech Engineering (sponsor only)

Walter Klassen FX (sponsor only)

Tiffen Steadicam 

Barber Tech

Society of Camera Operators 

Sachtler Artemis (Exhibit only)

Camadeus Film Technologies, Inc  C-motion (Exhibit Only)

Thanks to everyone who participated! I'm looking forward to next year.

(I apologize if I've left anyone out!) 

David Allen Grove

#2 Jessica Lopez

Jessica Lopez

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 100 posts
  • Los Angeles and Detroit

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

Dave it's been an honor working with you. I've learned a lot. Thanks so much for your kind words. I truly hope we can get some more folks to plan some awesome steadicam events in LA. And thank you for all of your hard work. I know running an organization can make your hands extra full especially with a career and family. I'm definitely looking forward to the future and seeing what is coming next with the Steadicam Guild. 

Best wishes my friend!

Wireless Video Systems

Boland Communications

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Camera Motion Research

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

PLC Electronics Solutions

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

PLC - Bartech