• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kurt nolen

kurt nolen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Yes, I know about the nightmare customer service stories. And yes, I have already purchased the thing I should have bought in the first place. I'm planning on using my analog Bartech/M-1 as a backup if and when the M-1 should ever return from being repaired. All that being said...

I'm having an intermittent issue with my M-1 spinning like a pinwheel for 5-10 seconds when I power my receiver on, stopping, then start spinning for the same duration once the focus knob on the handset is turned. I've read a lot about the chattering in the motor, but haven't seen anything relating to the specific issue I'm having. I've talked to Jim at Bartech and we've narrowed it down to the motor or cable, and side I've tried a sack of different motor cables with the same results it looks like we are down to the motor.

Anyone else have this issue?

#2 Nic Owens

Nic Owens

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 45 posts
  • Sydney

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

Hi Kurt,
I've had the same issue with My M1 motor. Did the same thing as you, tried a number of different cables, same result. It's in for service now.

#3 kurt nolen

kurt nolen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

Thanks, Nick. Glad I'm not alone/just nuts. Out of curiosity, how long has it been away for servicing and how did you get a hold of Don to set up the service? I've emailed but no reply yet.

Boland Communications

PLC Electronics Solutions

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Varizoom Follow Focus

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

Wireless Video Systems

PLC - Bartech

GPI Pro Systems

Omnishot Systems

Paralinx LLC

Camera Motion Research