• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

I recently received my new steadycam scout, the unit looked fine when i got it but after I was putting the boxes away i notice a washer and a small lock in the box, because i am new to steadycams it took me a little bit to find the location for it, i tried to inset the washer and slide the lock in place by hand and it was not possible, I didnt want to use a screw driver or any other tool to force in to place because i am afraid to scratch the new unit or damage it. 

Is this common? if so are there special tools for this? Is this an easy fix or should i exchange it? any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Attached Files

#2 Evrim KAYA

Evrim KAYA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Hello Jose,

Welcome to the forum!

You should try calling Tiffen. They will help you identify the parts as well as how to put it back. The parts may even be put in the box by accident at the factory. 

#3 Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Thank you Evrim

#4 James Elias

James Elias

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 70 posts
  • England, UK

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

Hi Jose

That washer and clip belong above the bearing you see in the picture.  The washer goes on first and the clip above it.  Just make sure the pin supporting the bearing hasn't fallen through first.  I think there is a small ridge on the pin where it should clip onto.

Boland Communications

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC - Bartech

Camera Motion Research

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus