Photo

Anyone Willing to Let Me Fly Their Pro Rig??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Adam Smith

Adam Smith

• Sustaining Members
  • 29 posts
  • West Chester, PA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am now in the market for a full size rig after almost 2 years of flying the little VLB and my current Flyer LE. I've had a good amount of time in all the Tiffen rigs and am really only familiar with them. I fell in love with the Archer 2 after Garrett let me borrow his a few years ago. That is what I am currently leaning towards, but am not completely sold on it yet.

I want to have a try with a few of the other companies if possible, especially Pro. I like the idea of modularity and I like the idea of not being limited by the next rig I choose to buy. After seeing pictures of Robert Starling's Cine Live rig I am very interested in seeing that in action. I know very few people own it yet so that is probably not going to happen. But the PRO rigs have me intrigued.

I contacted Pro but Jack Bridges mentioned LA trip and Cinegear; and he didn't give any other options. I could wait till September for Cinegear I suppose but would rather gather information now and make a decision in the next few months so I can get this rolling.

I am in the Philly suburbs, but willing to travel as far as NYC, Balitmore, Washington D.C., etc. to fly another manufacturers rig, especially Pro. Lunch or dinner on me.

-Adam

Edited by Adam Smith, 01 May 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#2 Tom Wills

Tom Wills

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 385 posts
  • Philadelphia, PA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

Hey Adam,

Give me a shout. I don't have a PRO arm, but I've got a PRO sled (which is pretty customized), and I'd also love to meet up, as I'm in the Philly suburbs myself! I can also probably connect you to a few people with other PRO gear around the area.

215-796-8938 or willsvideo@gmail.com

#3 Brian Freesh

Brian Freesh

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 922 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

I dunno if GPI is headed to New York in Sept, but I imagine Jack was talking about the LA Cinegear May31-June2

#4 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

dinner and brew will get you into the saddle of several Pro rigs in NY...Offer Alec J a bottle of Bulleit Rye or get Afton his Cinetronic2 he's been waiting for and I am sure they will help!

#5 Adam Smith

Adam Smith

• Sustaining Members
  • 29 posts
  • West Chester, PA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Awesome Tom, I will def hit you up in a bit.

Thank you Ron for those name drops. That is helpful but I was offering up a morsel in lunch or dinner, not my 2nd born!! HAHA. I obviously figured there would be a bunch of Pro rigs in New York. I may wait to see if anyone else responds in the Philly area in addition to Tom, that may have PRO rigs. Perhaps I should change my post heading to be more specific if no other leads from Philly come about.....

-Adam

SkyDreams

Paralinx LLC

BOXX

PLC - Bartech

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Boland Communications

Varizoom Follow Focus

GPI Pro Systems

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

PLC Electronics Solutions

Ritter Battery