No replies to this topic

#1 Chris Horvath

Chris Horvath

• Sustaining Members
  • 11 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have posted on the forum a couple of times, but feel a proper introduction is in order. I am a new operator based in Los Angeles. I have been interested in Steadicam ever since Tiffen did a demonstration at my school a couple years ago and I was able to try on a rig. I was hooked the minute I put it on.

I recently took Robert Starlings 2 day business workshop, which I would recommend to anyone considering a career in Steadicam, (or the industry in general) and plan on taking his 2 day stabilizer workshop soon. 

I currently own a modified 3A sled with a Silver Spring arm and a Model II vest which I have been working with, and hope to upgrade in the near future. Being at NAB this week I have to say I am pretty impressed with the new equipment from all the manufaturers.

It was a pleasure meeting some great operators at NAB this week, and a pleasure meeting some of the local L.A. operators over the past weeks. I hope to meet many more of you in the future. Please feel free to leave comments, questions, or message me if you are in L.A. and want to meet up sometime. 

-Chris Horvath

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

Boland Communications

Camera Motion Research

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Varizoom Follow Focus

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

Omnishot Systems