1 reply to this topic

#1 David Montroni

David Montroni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Bristol, CT

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

On an MK-V V2 Genesis, I'm flying with a Ruige TL-s700HD monitor.  The monitor has a tally built in, but the tally input is a VGA plug (15 pins).  We have a photoresistor on the rig that runs to a seperate Tally light, but we use that for talent.  That is the tally direct form Howard at MK-V.  We have a few rigs in our studios and we use all photoresistors for our tally lights, including our pedastle cameras.

After lengthy ammounts of research, I found that to active the tally, you simply need to close the contact between the ground and a pin, but the Ruige website is not user friendly and I can not find a manual that has a pin out for the plug.  After testing with jumper wires, I found that pin 5 and 11 activate a green tally.  Of all the combinations that worked, I couldn't get the red(which it is suppose to have) to work.

Today I wired a photoresistor I had to a vga cable and tested the wires to see which ones worked.  I got it to work, but I feel that there must be a better solution.

My question is this:

Does anyone have experience with this monitor, specifically using it with a tally.

Is there a way to run a VGA cable but only wire it up with 2 wires (and I would put a sensor on the other end).

My information may be a little confusing, I'm sorry for that.  Thanks in advance!

#2 Tom Wills

Tom Wills

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 368 posts
  • Philadelphia, PA

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Something like this might help. Even a place like RadioShack (who seem determined to destroy their selection of electronics components) carries 15 Pin D-Sub connectors (AKA DB15 - what's used for VGA signals), and hoods that mount over them.

http://www.radioshac...oductId=2102601 (The connector)

http://www.radioshac...oductId=2103993 (The hood)

Just wire it up yourself with whatever pins and cables are required. You could probably save some money going from a company like Digi-Key, Mouser, or Jameco, but if you want it today, RadioShack has it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tally, monitor, ruige

Paralinx LLC

Camera Motion Research

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

GPI Pro Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Omnishot Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Boland Communications

Ritter Battery

PLC - Bartech

Varizoom Follow Focus