• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BRADLEY MCQUEEN

BRADLEY MCQUEEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hi I have just been offer a Steadicam Clipper 2 for £6500 full rig have got pics but can't see how I upload them.

Is there anything I should be looking for suspicious

Thanks in anticipation

#2 BRADLEY MCQUEEN

BRADLEY MCQUEEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Anyone ?

#3 Paul Thomson

Paul Thomson

• Sustaining Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hi Bradley,

Perhaps obvious but essential - ask if you can see the rig in action. You should ensure that video and power are being transmitted (doh!) and fly it on an arm and vest to make sure it feels right. £6500 isn't bad but does that incude a monitor? Any cables? Batteries? It will quickly get closer to £10k if not... Where are you based? I know a UK based guy selling an HD upgraded master with a G50 arm and ultra vest. PM me if you'd like to know more.

Good luck,

Paul

#4 Evrim KAYA

Evrim KAYA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hello Bradley,

When I bought my used rig I demanded that the owner send it to the factory for check-up/tune-up. After I got the OK from the factory I bought a plane ticket and inspected the rig myself.

The price is certainly ok but you are might want to be extra cautious before buying your rig. After all this equipment will be your primary instrument seconded only by your body.

Fly safe.

#5 Robert Starling SOC

Robert Starling SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1134 posts
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Tiffen will usually go over a used rig for you and it's a good place to mutually meet for a transaction. Demanding a seller do XYZ is a bit harsh but most pros would not mind that sort of request to make a sale. Some ops send their rigs in advance of the sale offer so they know what they have and can vouch for it.

If you can't go to Tiffen, you can ask the operator to ship it there for evaluation. When the factoy or local office says it's good, you pay the op and then it is shipped on to you.  Again, I'm not sure if Tiffen will help you with this but you should definitely get the rig checked first. Even perfect condition rigs get a loose bit of solder etc. in transport sometimes.

Robert

#6 Evrim KAYA

Evrim KAYA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

Demanding a seller do XYZ is a bit harsh but most pros would not mind that sort of request to make a sale.

Robert is right. I should have used the word "request" in place of "demand". after all that's what I did. i just choosed the wording poorly.

IDX

BOXX

Paralinx LLC

Varizoom Follow Focus

Wireless Video Systems

SkyDreams

Engineered Cinema Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

Omnishot Systems

GPI Pro Systems

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery