Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

#2 Wolfgang Troescher

Wolfgang Troescher

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 149 posts
  • Munich, Germany

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

Looks funny! But I think you will get "wobbling" with an arm like this.

#3 John E Fry

John E Fry

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 86 posts
  • Salisbury, Wiltshire UK

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

Jeez...
Another candidate for "how many fingers can you lose in a day!"
The bottom of the sled looks pretty funky though.
Don't buy one.

#4 Charles Papert

Charles Papert

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2224 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

Actually, L'Aigle has been around for a while. I tried their systems a few times at NAB 5 years ago or more. The arm performs surprisingly well. Isolation and smoothness were quite decent. It's "easy" to make fun of, but these guys were at the very least thinking outside the box, not just making a knockoff; and while the effort involved in loading and unloading the bands is an obvious buzzkill, the arms were the smoothest running and most linear performing for the small stabilizer market outside of the Tiffen rigs.

#5 JobScholtze

JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1361 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

I have flown a couple of them at IBC in amsterdam. The main problem is that if you say whats wrong, the get angry, so i didnt bother anymore. ( I did a fast spin and everything was going all over, due to not able to lock the post etc )

The concept is intressting though, but i will stick to my pro at the moment

#6 thomas-english

thomas-english

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1165 posts
  • UK

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

I saw some guys exhibiting a complete replica of the pro-arm at BVE the other day. Compression cannisters the lot. Looked flimsey. 

I've tried the Aigle arm too and agree with Charles that it did feel nice. I think I'd rather get a flyer though.

#7 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

I have flown a couple of them at IBC in amsterdam. The main problem is that if you say whats wrong, the get angry, so i didnt bother anymore.

I had the exact same experience with them at NAB a few years ago. I suggested a few things that would make the product better and they told me to "shut up you don't know what you're talking about". Erwin and I laughed and walked away

#8 Alan Rencher

Alan Rencher

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1091 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

My biggest concern would be issues with the elastic and heat. It's pretty well known that elastic properties with certain materials change with modest temperature changes. Also, an elastic band heats up as it stretches, increasing it's tension, but the tension decreases as it cools, right? Wouldn't this cause the arm to behave in a more erratic fashion than we are used to with metal springs?

#9 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

My biggest concern would be issues with the elastic and heat. It's pretty well known that elastic properties with certain materials change with modest temperature changes. Also, an elastic band heats up as it stretches, increasing it's tension, but the tension decreases as it cools, right? Wouldn't this cause the arm to behave in a more erratic fashion than we are used to with metal springs?

Other way around fro latex bands

PLC - Bartech

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC

Teradek

Engineered Cinema Solutions

IDX

BOXX

Omnishot Systems

GPI Pro Systems