#1 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Seems like that post got lost somehow... or at least i couldn't find it anymore... so sorry for the repost:

Bye Bye Cart, Hello Cases... 

So finally it's done... Steadicam cart #10... at least almost, still needs some refinement... but you'll get the idea.

That was actually my original idea, but the tech was not there at the time I wanted to build it. So cart #9 was it, a compromise (http://www.steadicam...pic=228&&page=2).

Aluminum cart with fitted cases... The cart alone weight in at 150lbs... just to hold my cases and act as a dock for my rig. 

The cases had to be modified to still "work" as the 3 inch lip had to be taken in account when finding spots for drawers, etc.

Also building the cases out of wood would have made the cases way to heavy… 

I had plans for Carbon fiber cases… (I might revisit that design for a future version… or not, we'll see) but was referred to this case company (The A&S Case Company in North Hollywood) that had started to use another exotic material the aluminum honeycomb carbon sandwich boards, they call it "Flyweight" , you walk on the same stuff when you board an airplane, half the weight of wood, three time the rigidity… a good start.

Here some pix:

http://www.facebook....4&id=1328436018

Dock safe,

Erwin

#2 Erwin Landau

Erwin Landau

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • TBD

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

It looks to me that people are confused what I was advertising in the for sale section of this forum.

http://www.steadicam...showtopic=17195

The version 10 case cart consists of 4 cases:

A- Sled case

B- Vest and Arm Case

C- Battery and AKS Case

D- Docking case and stove away for the docking stand

Available to people that are interested are the 2 left cases (A and B ) as well as (later in a couple of weeks) the custom wheels (Ultra light wheels with full foam tires), handles (4 Backstage style), caster wheel receivers with 6 positions for the casters (Yeager cart style, 4 rail pieces) and various bits and pieces... (additional parts to complete the cart can be purchased from various vendors, I can provide a list and contacts as well as contacts for additional parts).   

I originally advertised them as single cases as I was not aware that so many people where actually interested in recreating the cart...

I am trying to link all these explanations and picture together for clarification. 

And finally: This is a "one of" prototype and there is no production planned anytime soon, nor am I interested in pursuing a production. So once it's gone, it's gone.

Fly safe, dock safer!

Erwin

Attached Files

#3 Evrim KAYA

Evrim KAYA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

and the cases are red :)

#4 Alan Rencher

Alan Rencher

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1091 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

So how long until you start manufacturing these for other people? I know you said you don't want to, but maybe you could "sell" the idea.

Edited by Alan Rencher, 12 March 2013 - 11:29 PM.

#5 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

Seems like that post got lost somehow... or at least i couldn't find it anymore... so sorry for the repost:

Bye Bye Cart, Hello Cases... 

So finally it's done... Steadicam cart #10... at least almost, still needs some refinement... but you'll get the idea.

I remember when we were standing in my driveway figuring that system out!

IDX

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Engineered Cinema Solutions

BOXX

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Teradek

PLC - Bartech