• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brooksrobinson

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 256 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

I just got back from watching Soundgarden play at the Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles with my 10 year old son and wanted to shout out to a fine (and tiring) effort by a fellow steadicam operator shooting for the show Live From the Artists Den. I'm not sure who the operator was, but it was a LONG show, and I was sore just watching him fly the rig for that long. It's been a long time since I shot my last concert, and I certainly can appreciate what amazing stamina goes into pulling off a shoot of that length without much, if any break in the action. Nice work, and I'm looking forward to seeing the show when it comes out.

#2 Dustin Heindl

Dustin Heindl

• Sustaining Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

LOL that was me =). The band was super picky about where I could be so I ended up being super restricted on what shots I could get, but I did manage to make the best of it imo!

I'll try to remember to put a link here if something is released soon. I don't really know where the product will end up though.

Edited by Dustin Heindl, 09 March 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#3 brett.mayfield

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 217 posts
  • hotlanta | lost angeles

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

congrats dude!

didnt know you were doing some live gigs, id love to see what you shot!

#4 Dustin Heindl

Dustin Heindl

• Sustaining Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Live gigs are a pain to tack down because getting the footage is basically impossible, but I'll probably google soundgarden in a few months to see if I can find it! (and probably post it here if it's online

It was a pretty sweet event though!

Camera Motion Research

Paralinx LLC

Wireless Video Systems

Ritter Battery

Boland Communications

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC Electronics Solutions

Varizoom Follow Focus

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

Omnishot Systems