Atomos HDSDI to HDMI converter
Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:00 PM
So I didn't want to use a decimator with it so I found this little gadget
Its tiny, comes with a battery and charger. Atomos even makes a small dummy battery that accepts anton Bauer PTaps.
The device has some heft to it but doesnt weigh much. It performs well.
Overall its compact size makes it ideal to work in tandem with such devices like the Parralynx
Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:18 PM
Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:00 PM
Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:52 AM
Sorry you are having trouble using the PARALINX Arrow.
Please see my list of questions below that will help us understand your quandary. Many users get over 300' line of sight range around the world - one of the things we pride ourselves on is customer service.
1. How many transmitters and receivers are on set?
2. How is the transmitter being powered?
3. How is the receiver being powered?
4. Is there Velcro blocking any vents?
5. Is the transmitter elevated from the camera using a noga arm
6. Is the receiver elevated on for instance a c stand arm?
7. Is there metal or other material blocking the transmitter and receiver?
8. Are Dfs bands 2 and 3 activated in the menu?
9. If you are using two systems at the same time you must power the second system (transmitter and receiver) 60 seconds after the first one.
10. How close are the two receivers to each other ? Two receivers too close together can cross talk and limit your range.
When you say the signal drops does it drop in and back out quickly? Or you lose sync? Or does it say connected... Check source?
What frequency are you sending from the camera / decimator / etc?
Are you getting these results using one system or two at a time
Pictures of the rig will help.
The antennas are on the ends opposite the hdmi ports. It helps if they point at each other.
I typically put the receiver on an antenna stand and use the proper hdmi to Sdi converter like black magic battery converter to distribute signal via bnc from there.
AC/bnc x 2 snake to antenna stand never fails to work great.
Follow the procedure of booting up the second system 60 seconds later you will be much happier.
Can't make any claims on the atomos device but others use it and seem happy.
You can contact me directly via firstname.lastname@example.org