#1 Victor Lazaro

Victor Lazaro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Sunnyside Queens, NY

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hi guys!
Is there anything similar to the SOS plate for the Zephyr as it is a smaller dovetail than the standard?
Thanks

#2 Mark Schlicher

Mark Schlicher

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Nashville, TN

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

To the best of my knowledge, as of a few months ago anyway, no. Nothing for Clipper/Archer/Zephyr size plates.

#3 Victor Lazaro

Victor Lazaro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Sunnyside Queens, NY

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

:(

#4 Jerry Holway

Jerry Holway

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 737 posts
  • Philadelphia

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

It's relatively easy for the folks making the standard size units (or even an end user) to adapt that gear to the smaller size. All it takes is a spacer screwed in place.

Brant Fagan did it years ago for the Antlers so they could be used to grab either size dovetail.

Jerry

#5 Tom Wills

Tom Wills

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 384 posts
  • Philadelphia, PA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

A friend of mine, Tom MaCoy, down here in Philly is making one for his Zephyr, since he's got the dovetail cutters and a mill. It's a pretty simple part to make - I'll try to direct him to this thread, and maybe he can provide some thoughts.

#6 Tom MaCoy

Tom MaCoy

• Sustaining Members
  • 18 posts
  • Philadelphia

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Well, I hacked one together for my old Flyer that worked well; the Zephyr design is a bit more complicated, since it favors a drop-in and lock system, rather than just a straight slide through. I could do a slide style for the Zephyr, but since the dovetail I just finished milling allows for rods to mount on the underside (something I never could have done with the Flyer), I'd like to keep the drop and lock method for the tripod adapter. The simplest solution I have at the moment would be to just mill out a dovetail holder dimensionally identical to the one on top of the Zephyr sled, and tap some holds along to edge so it can be tightened in place with a couple thin thumbscrews. Not exactly graceful, but I suppose no more difficult than what the Zephyr itself uses to lock the plate down.

SkyDreams

Teradek

IDX

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

GPI Pro Systems

Engineered Cinema Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Omnishot Systems

Ritter Battery

Varizoom Follow Focus

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS