#1 John Stout

John Stout

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 119 posts
  • Jacksonville, FL

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Greetings,

Does anyone know who the Steadicam Operators were for President Obama's and Vice President Biden's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue?

I am sure that there were quite a few ops between network feeds, the inauguration and the parade, who else participated?

John

#2 PeterAbraham

PeterAbraham

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 902 posts
  • New York City

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Delighted to answer this. It was a Steadicam Operator named John Cooper out of D.C. He worked for the CBS portion of the Pool Feeds. He accompanied the POTUS and First Lady from the Capitol to in front of the White House.

I operated my Steadicam in front of the White House during the Parade. I was hired by ABC to do the portion of the Pool Feed in front of the White House.

John joined the Parade portion after about 70 minutes. He was on an RF rig, I had to use Fiber. He was able to wander through the parading groups. I walked a narrow path to one side.

He's a fine fellow and it was a pleasure to share the area in front of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue with him !!

Attached is a shot I snapped between my shots during the rehearsal day ( it was 60º out !! )

Best to all,

Peter Abraham, S.O.C.

Attached Files

#3 John Stout

John Stout

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 119 posts
  • Jacksonville, FL

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

Peter thank you for the information.

What a great experience you must have had being able to work such a historic event.

Thank you for posting the picture as well.

Too bad you didn't have the RF freedom, but it sounds like you had a good time anyway.

At one point I did hear him tell the SS, that he didn't have a shot because they kept getting in the way.

I guess it came off his on camera mic.

#4 PeterAbraham

PeterAbraham

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 902 posts
  • New York City

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

It is always a special day at work when we get to bear witness to history. We form the impressions that people carry sometimes for years. An honor to be a part of jobs like that.

Wireless Video Systems

rebotnix Technologies

PLC Electronics Solutions

Paralinx LLC

SkyDreams

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

GPI Pro Systems

Ritter Battery

Boland Communications

Omnishot Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus